This past weekend was AFROPUNK, a celebration of Black excellence and, more importantly, the weekend where Black people pull all the fashion stunts. I’ve always viewed AFROPUNK looks as a cross between fashion and cosplay, and these festival-goers don’t disappoint. Here are our favorite looks!
- These ladies are giving us afro-futuristic Powerpuff Girls
- Coretta & Cardi B (& some fly red pants)
- Former BGN Podcast guest, DeRay, using his body as a canvas
- The friends that stunt together, stays together
- Feminists with Fros
- The dress says: Because I’m already freakin fabulous. We agree
- The power is in their hair
- Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, aka Miles Morales
- Bringing new meaning to “rose gold”
- Black Nerds UNITE!
- Just picture a indie comic starring these four
- Loud, Cute & Black = The Holy Trinity
- Camo and Roses? We dig the combo
- The devil is in the details
- Last but not least: A LOOK
To see more pictures from the festival and learn about the AFROPUNK community, visit AFROPUNK.com/fashion
*all photos by Leonardo Faierman and Joi Childs
Joi is a Marketer, sometimey writer, sarcasm enthusiast and podcaster for Black Girls Nerds. You can also find her on Twitter (@jumpedforjoi) tweeting about random stuff.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Black Girl Nerds