I’m a creature of the 80s. By that I mean I was born in that decade. Although the 80s consisted of me being a newborn, a toddler, and a child. I feel like that I was supposed to be in the 80s—even as an adult. I would say 60% of the songs in my iPod are songs birthed in the 80s. I would also say that I miss the old Madonna and loathe the new one. I miss wearing friendship bracelets and bamboo earrings. I miss watching The Facts of Life and looking to E.T. as my friend from another planet. It was just the best decade ever. Michael Jackson was my hero and Judy Blume led me through puberty. ::SIGH:: I miss you 80s. If you ever decide to come back please keep me trapped in your bubble never to return to another decade.
I’m going to listen to cassette tapes and read my Bop Magazine now…Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2012 Black Girl Nerds
- Kayona Gives DC A Leading Role In A New Series - March 27, 2017
- BGN Talks: Iron Fist Review! - March 27, 2017
- BGN #108 | The Big Sick, Alien, and BGN Live at SXSW - March 25, 2017
- “Dear White People” – Netflix Series at #SXSW - March 25, 2017
- Gemini Premiere Red Carpet at #SXSW! - March 25, 2017
- The Ministry of Silly Games: Monty Python’s Curious Foray into the World of Video Games - March 24, 2017
- Queen Of Hearts - March 23, 2017
- How Automation Could Make Life Worse for Women - March 23, 2017
- Free Fire Premiere at #SXSW! - March 22, 2017
- MKUAPod #8| Kinky, Coily Agents of STEM - March 22, 2017