I’m a creature of the 80s. By that I mean I was born in that decade. Although the 80s consisted of me being a newborn, a toddler, and a child. I feel like that I was supposed to be in the 80s—even as an adult. I would say 60% of the songs in my iPod are songs birthed in the 80s. I would also say that I miss the old Madonna and loathe the new one. I miss wearing friendship bracelets and bamboo earrings. I miss watching The Facts of Life and looking to E.T. as my friend from another planet. It was just the best decade ever. Michael Jackson was my hero and Judy Blume led me through puberty. ::SIGH:: I miss you 80s. If you ever decide to come back please keep me trapped in your bubble never to return to another decade.
I’m going to listen to cassette tapes and read my Bop Magazine now…Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2012 Black Girl Nerds
- The #BGNPlaylist Continues To Grow Featuring Orlando Jones, Jean Grae and Marc Bernardin! - May 26, 2017
- Gina Prince-Bythewood Directs “Silver Sable & Black Cat” And Rosario Dawson In Talks for “New Mutants” - May 25, 2017
- An Interview with Sebastian Jones President of Stranger Comics - May 23, 2017
- GET OUT is Coming to DVD and We’re Giving Away Copies! - May 22, 2017
- American Gods T-Shirt Giveaway! - May 21, 2017
- #BGNPodcast Extra – Bryan Fuller Gets Bloody at Vulture Festival - May 20, 2017
- BGN #115 I W Kamau Bell and Angie Thomas - May 20, 2017
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins The Ducktales Cast! - May 19, 2017
- The Jedi’s Greatest Warrior Charges Into Battle – MACE WINDU #1 - May 18, 2017
- Our Childhood Nightmares Have Returned: The Dark Crystal Comes To Netflix - May 18, 2017