Written by: Diondra Powers
The Good Doctor is a 2013 Korean medical drama, and its recent American remake airs this fall on ABC.
The K-drama follows genius savant surgeon Park Shi On (Joo Won). As a child, he was diagnosed with autism and cared for at a specialized center. Shi On discovered his knack for medical science due to his keen spatial skills and exceptional memory, making him something of a prodigy and leading him to pursue a medical residency at a top hospital. In Shi On’s case, a few emotional development challenges will lead to more workplace conflicts than he was expecting.
The K-drama has 20 episodes, all of which can be streamed via DramaFever here: https://www.dramafever.com/drama/4306/Good_Doctor/.
The American remake, written and produced by David Shore, bears the same title. Fans of medical procedurals will recognize Shore from his work as the creator of the popular drama House, which aired on Fox for eight seasons from 2004-2012.
The Good Doctor airs on ABC this fall on Mondays at 10 pm EST/9pm CST. It stars Freddie Highmore of Bates Motel fame as titular doctor, Shaun Murphy. Check out the full trailer below, and let us know if you’ll be binge watching the K-drama in anticipation!Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Black Girl Nerds
- “Destroyer” Mixes Old with New and Beauty with Tragedy - May 27, 2017
- BGN Game Review: Little Nightmares - May 27, 2017
- Showrunner Al Gough Discusses The Controversial Into The Badlands Season Finale - May 27, 2017
- The Color of Science is Indigenous - May 26, 2017
- The Galaxy Has Spoken: All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy Has Critics Buzzing! - May 26, 2017
- Metamorphosis of my Dream: A Homage to Langston Hughes - May 26, 2017
- Star Trek Redux: Deep Space Nine, Emissary Part 1 & 2 - May 26, 2017
- An Ode to Black, Brown, and Beautiful - May 26, 2017
- The latest look at Valerian and The City of a Thousand Planets - May 25, 2017
- BGN Children’s Book Review: Riley Can Be Anything - May 25, 2017