Overall, I would recommend others to read A Fistful of Honey by Malena Crawford. Many will find themselves in the main character, Alena. When I first saw the cover and read the title I didn’t expect to enjoy the book as much as I did. But truth be told, the main character, Alena, will have you reexamining your own life. Women tend to get so caught up in our daily roles as wives, mothers, sisters, or even as professionals that we sometimes lose ourselves.
Malena offers a book where the content is very thought provoking. Once you start you won’t want to put the book down. It shows how much power women can possess when they find their true selves. This is a novel that speaks to a woman who has lost her job, whose life is surrounding a divorce, and how those changes can force you to face your past in order to get to your future. Typically, I am not one to read many sci-fi/fantasy books; however, I am glad I had the opportunity to read A Fistful of Honey. I will be honest, there were some areas that I had to reread for clarification. I recommend having an open heart when reading. It can get twisty and complicated, but through it all, it’s a good read, and one would enjoy it. I would not be surprised if there was a sequel in the near future.
Kenya Kirkman is just a humble girl from Brooklyn New York. She enjoys trying new food, reading a good book, a healthy glass of wine, and collecting passport stamps. She is currently dedicating her time to sharing her experiences on a personal blog. To learn more about her travels and who she is, check out www.outsideofbrooklyn.comClick here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Black Girl Nerds
- SWCO: Star Wars Animated Journeys: From Clone Wars To Rebels - April 28, 2017
- BGN Exclusive — 8 Cool Things I Learned at Pixar’s Cars 3 Press Day - April 28, 2017
- “Dear White People” Drops Tomorrow - April 27, 2017
- The Color of Science - April 27, 2017
- American Gods Premiere at the Cinerama Dome: Close Encounters of a Celestial Kind - April 27, 2017
- Review: Rogue One Issue One by Houser Laiso & Bazaldua - April 26, 2017
- It’s Bombs, Missiles, And More Bombs on This Week’s ‘#DesignatedSurvivor - April 26, 2017
- Netflix Nostalgia with The Return of Bill Nye and MST3K - April 26, 2017
- The Magicians Closes Out Its Second Season - April 26, 2017
- 5 Shows for Busy, Sleep-Deprived Moms - April 25, 2017