One of the most beloved comedy sketch shows of our time the 90s Fox series In Living Color, will make an appearance at the 2019 Tribeca Film Festival. The TV anniversary will be celebrated as part of the Tribeca TV program.
The presentation for In Living Color will include a look at the show 25 years after its finale with a screening of the pilot and reunion/conversation with creator Keenan Ivory Wayans and Shawn Wayans, Kim Wayans, Tommy Davidson, Rosie Perez, and David Alan Grier.
There will also be a Simpsons TV reunion which includes a 30th-anniversary screening, followed by a conversation with James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Al Jean, Matt Selman, and Harry Shearer moderated by Yeardley Smith (voice of Lisa Simpson).
Additional highlights include:
- World Premieres:
- The Boys (Amazon Prime Video) – a darkly funny take on superheroes executive produced by Eric Kripke (Supernatural, Timeless), Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg
- Tuca & Bertie (Netflix) – an animated comedy series with the lead characters voiced by Tiffany Haddish and Ali Wong
- On Tour with Asperger’s Are Us (HBO) – a docu-series from the Duplass Brothers that follows a comedy group, all of whom are on the autism spectrum, on a cross-country tour
- The Hot Zone (Nat Geo), starring Julianna Margulies, is inspired by the true story of the origins of the Ebola virus and its arrival on U.S soil.
- Chernobyl(HBO) the story of the 1986 nuclear accident, which will premiere on the anniversary of the actual disaster, starring Jared Harris, Stellan Skarsgård, and Emily Watson.
- I Want My MTV (A&E Network) – a feature film documentary, about the rise of the network that came to define a generation.
- New York Premieres:
- Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men(Showtime) – about one of the most influential hip-hop groups of all time will screen at the Beacon Theatre with all living members in attendance.
- State of the Union (AMC) – an original comedy about the challenges of a contemporary relationship. Each ten-minute episode, directed by Stephen Frears,written by Nick Hornby and starring Chris O’Dowd and Rosamund Pike, is set in a pub before a couple’s weekly marital therapy session.
- World Premiere of new seasons: Younger (Paramount Network)- 6th Season and Vida (Starz) – 2nd Season
The N.O.W. Showcase will feature the latest works from 12 unique online creators and will include projects ranging from a narrative short about sexual awakening and self-discovery in Kiss of the Rabbit God to Release to Better Days, a coming-of-age comedy series about a young Muslim-American twenty-something. Included in special screenings for N.O.W is series of short docs on themed around immigration from the New York Times Op-Docs.
The Tribeca Film Festival, presented by AT&T, will announce programming for the Tribeca TV and N.O.W. sections, featuring highly anticipated TV shows and online projects from new storytellers. The Festival runs April 24 – May 5 in New York City. Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men at the Beacon Theatre goes on sale tomorrow (3/19) and all other tickets go on sale 3/26.