Once again the PBS Media and Central High School of Newark, NJ are collaborating this Spring to present the 3rd Annual KHEM Comic Book Fest. The day-long festival will take place at Central High School at 246 18th Ave. Newark, NJ 07108 on March 18, 2017, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Special Guests will include Khalil Maasi (“The Chappelle Show,” “Marvel’s Luke Cage”), Roy Okupe (The Legend of Wale Williams), TJ Sterling (Okemus), Micheline Hess (Malice In Ovenland), MSHINDO KUUMBA (Indigo) and Akinseye Brown (Sokoya Comics).
The Khem Comic Book Fest is an annual convention that features creators of comics, books, film, and other media with a focus on artists and characters of color. The day is filled with entertainment and activities such as comic Book/Education workshops, a marketplace, a comic book library and panel discussions and screenings with industry professionals.
The goal of the event is to use comic books, films and popular culture to develop youth literacy and expression through S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology Engineering, Arts and Math). In addition, all proceeds from the Khem Comic Book Fest will go to the Central High School Engineering Academy Program.
In addition to comics, the Khem Comic Book Fest also highlights other genres such as speculative fiction, video games and collectible toys and models. The screenings include creative films, documentaries as well as animation. The festival has also become a diverse networking event for artists, writers and teachers as well as comic book enthusiasts and fans of cosplay, fantasy and popular culture for the attendees.
“The Khem Comic Book Fest is growing exponentially and I revel in the fact that through the festival we’re providing an opportunity to bring the entire community together.”
– Naseed Gifted founder Khem Comic Book Fest
The Khem Comic Book Fest will be held on March 18th, 2017 at Central High School 246 18th Ave. Newark, NJ 07108 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Kids are free while adults pay $10 admission.
Those interested in becoming a sponsor, volunteer or purchasing tickets to attend can contact the organization through their website www.khemfest.com or email the festival director, Naseed Gifted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
(Phocused Black Star Media) is an innovative graphic media company that partners with the community to raise awareness and social consciousness through creative projects. Along with the development of the ongoing P.B.Soldier graphic novel series, the organization provides app development, apparel, and motion comics though it’s offices located in Newark, NJ. We serve as a “bridge in the gap” of the community.
Follow The Khem Comic Book Fest online:
Stay connected with the official event hashtag #khemfest.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Black Girl Nerds
- Truth Awards 2017: Loretta Devine, Same Fine, and Tracey Norman Among Honorees - March 8, 2017
- Tune in For Essence’s ‘Black Women in Hollywood Awards’ on OWN - March 2, 2017
- Delilah Blast: The New Era of Steampunk! - March 2, 2017
- SYFY’s Cosplay Melee Pits Cosplayers Against Each Other! - February 19, 2017
- Join the Ultimate Fan-Run ‘ShadowHunters’ Con: The ConClave NYC! - February 19, 2017
- ‘Orniainthi’: A Mermaid Fantasy Novella - February 17, 2017
- Third Annual Khem Comic Book Fest Returns to Newark in March! - February 2, 2017
- Meet ‘Nia Griggs & The Kemetic Sisterhood of Science #0′ of 20th Place Media - February 2, 2017
- Feel Like One of Syfy’s ‘Magicians’ at NYC’s Hall of Magic Exhibit - January 27, 2017
- ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Comic Coming This April! - January 21, 2017