20th Place Media Launches a New World of African-American Heroes With ‘Nia Griggs & The Kemetic Sisterhood of Science #0’
Atlanta-based entertainment company 20th Place Media makes a foray into comic book publishing with the debut of Nia Griggs & The Kemetic Sisterhood of Science #0.
On sale now exclusively at digital comic retailer Peep Game Comix, Nia Griggs & The Kemetic Sisterhood of Science #0 is a 16-page, one-shot comic designed to introduce readers to African-American superhero Nia Griggs and her world of espionage, ultra-science and much-needed diverse characters. This inaugural edition — a “pilot” issue, of sorts — throws the spotlight on Nia (aka “Isis”), a no-nonsense journalist who serves as a super-powered operative for the Kemetic Sisterhood of Science — an ancient, secret cadre helmed by the world’s most powerful women. The title is also the opening salvo of 20th Place Media’s 2017 publishing plan.
Joining the mission to populate pop culture with fresh portrayals of people of color, writers/publishers Carlton Hargro and Darrick Hargro (the creative team behind 20th Place Media) are set to release three “pilot issues” over the next six months — starting with Nia Griggs #0 — introducing three brand-new properties to comic readers across the globe. And it’s just the start of 20th Place Media’s movement.
But it all begins with Nia Griggs & The Kemetic Sisterhood of Science #0, written by the Hargro Bros. and featuring cover art by Andre Moore, interior art, and colors by Bridgit Connell (then-Bridgit Scheide) and additional art by Charles Rouse-Rodriguez. The #0 issue is being sold in digital format only for now, but print copies will be available this spring in a handful of select comic book shops in the U.S.
In the meantime, purchase the digital version of Nia Griggs & The Kemetic Sisterhood of Science #0 now at Peep Game Comix: http://peepgamecomix.com/product/nia-griggs-the-kemetic-sisterhood-of-science/
About 20th Place Media: Named after the street where its founders were raised, 20th place Media was birthed by writers/publishers/brothers Carlton Hargro and Darrick Hargro as a comic book and entertainment company dedicated to creating diverse characters that challenge traditional stereotypes based on race, gender and more. Stay tuned for comics and other related materials — starring your new favorite heroes and she-roes — coming your way in the near future and beyond. Visit us on Facebook at:
Visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/20thplacemedia/Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Black Girl Nerds
- Truth Awards 2017: Loretta Devine, Same Fine, and Tracey Norman Among Honorees - March 8, 2017
- Tune in For Essence’s ‘Black Women in Hollywood Awards’ on OWN - March 2, 2017
- Delilah Blast: The New Era of Steampunk! - March 2, 2017
- SYFY’s Cosplay Melee Pits Cosplayers Against Each Other! - February 19, 2017
- Join the Ultimate Fan-Run ‘ShadowHunters’ Con: The ConClave NYC! - February 19, 2017
- ‘Orniainthi’: A Mermaid Fantasy Novella - February 17, 2017
- Third Annual Khem Comic Book Fest Returns to Newark in March! - February 2, 2017
- Meet ‘Nia Griggs & The Kemetic Sisterhood of Science #0′ of 20th Place Media - February 2, 2017
- Feel Like One of Syfy’s ‘Magicians’ at NYC’s Hall of Magic Exhibit - January 27, 2017
- ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Comic Coming This April! - January 21, 2017