Tonight, the Dolby Theater in Hollywood will be alive with the music of GRAMMY Award-winning recording artist Patti Labelle, GRAMMY and Academy Award-winning recording artist and actor Common.
The Reed for Hope Foundation (RFHF) is partnering for the third year with the AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) for the “Keep the Promise” concert. The concert also includes appearances by activist and actor Harry Belafonte, old school hip-hop icon Doug E. Fresh, and more. Additionally, RFHF and AHF are launching the first “Love Healthy Virtual Spoken Word Slam” tomorrow on World AIDS day, December 1st.
During these festivities, RFHF founder and leading casting director, Robi Reed, will present the foundation’s Sunshine Award to Common, honoring the work he’s done using his platform to uplift humanity, inspire positive change and be a model of good health. Past Sunshine Award recipients include Magic Johnson, Hall of Fame Athlete and Activist, Jim Brown, Judge Greg Mathis and Jamie Foxx. These awards are given in the spirit of Reed’s Annual Sunshine Beyond Summer Celebration with over 14 years of health awareness.
The winner of the inaugural Love Healthy Virtual Spoken Word Slam will receiving a talent consultation with key members of the Love Healthy Slam committee. Entrants for the Slam submitted their work via Love Healthy’s website and were encouraged to use social media to promote their original submissions. The top-ten pieces with the most likes and views will be submitted to a panel of industry judges led by Reed that includes Common, Natalie Stewart (Floetry,) Jessica Care Moore, Doug E. Fresh, Abyss, Ingrid B, John Hensley, Gina Loring and others who select the grand prize winner.
LoveHealthy.org will also live-stream select Slam performances from a private post-concert celebration. Slam performances and other interviews will be streamed on Love Healthy’s Facebook Live page from 11:00 PM PST on November 30 to 1:00 AM PST on December 1, 2016. To follow the conversation on social media, audiences can use the hashtags #LoveHealthySlam #WAD (World AIDS Day) #KTP.
For complimentary tickets to the events, more information on ways to get involved with Love Healthy’s initiatives and campaigns, please visit Love Healthy’s website.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Black Girl Nerds
- Flame Con 2017 Guest List Is Growing - July 24, 2017
- The 100: A Bedtime Story - July 22, 2017
- BGN Review: Dark Matter 3.8 – “Hot Chocolate” - July 21, 2017
- “The Shape of Water” Trailer - July 21, 2017
- Dark Matter Extra: “After Dark” on YouTube - July 20, 2017
- BGN TV Review: Dark Matter 3.7 – “Wish I Could Believe You” - July 19, 2017
- BGN Review: Killjoys 3.3 “The Hullen Have Eyes” - July 17, 2017
- BGN Wizard World: Writing Compelling Science Fiction Panel - July 9, 2017
- AACC Presents: A Summit on Art, Action, & the Future - July 8, 2017
- BGN TV Review: Dark Matter 3.6 – “One Last Card to Play” - July 7, 2017