Tonight, the Dolby Theater in Hollywood will be alive with the music of GRAMMY Award-winning recording artist Patti Labelle, GRAMMY and Academy Award-winning recording artist and actor Common.
The Reed for Hope Foundation (RFHF) is partnering for the third year with the AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) for the “Keep the Promise” concert. The concert also includes appearances by activist and actor Harry Belafonte, old school hip-hop icon Doug E. Fresh, and more. Additionally, RFHF and AHF are launching the first “Love Healthy Virtual Spoken Word Slam” tomorrow on World AIDS day, December 1st.
During these festivities, RFHF founder and leading casting director, Robi Reed, will present the foundation’s Sunshine Award to Common, honoring the work he’s done using his platform to uplift humanity, inspire positive change and be a model of good health. Past Sunshine Award recipients include Magic Johnson, Hall of Fame Athlete and Activist, Jim Brown, Judge Greg Mathis and Jamie Foxx. These awards are given in the spirit of Reed’s Annual Sunshine Beyond Summer Celebration with over 14 years of health awareness.
The winner of the inaugural Love Healthy Virtual Spoken Word Slam will receiving a talent consultation with key members of the Love Healthy Slam committee. Entrants for the Slam submitted their work via Love Healthy’s website and were encouraged to use social media to promote their original submissions. The top-ten pieces with the most likes and views will be submitted to a panel of industry judges led by Reed that includes Common, Natalie Stewart (Floetry,) Jessica Care Moore, Doug E. Fresh, Abyss, Ingrid B, John Hensley, Gina Loring and others who select the grand prize winner.
LoveHealthy.org will also live-stream select Slam performances from a private post-concert celebration. Slam performances and other interviews will be streamed on Love Healthy’s Facebook Live page from 11:00 PM PST on November 30 to 1:00 AM PST on December 1, 2016. To follow the conversation on social media, audiences can use the hashtags #LoveHealthySlam #WAD (World AIDS Day) #KTP.
For complimentary tickets to the events, more information on ways to get involved with Love Healthy’s initiatives and campaigns, please visit Love Healthy’s website.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 Black Girl Nerds
- “The Mars Generation” Review - May 8, 2017
- Comic Review: Eternal Empire #1 - May 3, 2017
- Steven Universe Returns This Month - May 3, 2017
- Gunslingers, to me: The Dark Tower Trailer - May 3, 2017
- The Bordelons are Back: Queen Sugar Teaser Trailer - April 27, 2017
- “Kingsman: The Golden Circle” First Look Images & Teaser Trailer - April 19, 2017
- “Hermione Granger and the Quarter Life Crisis” Returns April 19 - April 17, 2017
- Killjoys Season 3 Teaser Trailer - April 16, 2017
- Killjoys Returns In June - April 14, 2017
- The Khem Fest Con Report: Full STEAM Ahead - April 13, 2017