Life According To Her presents #popofcolorpodcast, the first and only directory showcasing the voices of more than 100 black women in the rapidly growing audio medium of podcasting. #popofcolorpodcast is a one stop-shop for exploring new podcasts in categories including: health & nutrition, business, self-help, society & culture, religion & spirituality, personal journals and comedy.
“I’ve been an avid listener of podcasts over the years for both personal and professional development, so once I entered the space with my own show I felt a need to highlight voices that are largely overlooked,” said Ahyiana Angel, Chief Encourager at Life According To Her. “The #popofcolorpodcast directory was created from an idea that one hashtag on social media could connect a community of voices, be a means for exploring, help share stories and further our growth through continued learning.”
Listeners and podcast creators alike are encouraged to utilize the #popofcolorpodcast across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to share what they are listening to and creating. One hashtag opening up an expanded world of audio, on-demand entertainment for millions. The directory includes a variety of listening options with everything from notable shows like Another Round with Heben & Tracy to emerging shows like Essence magazine’s Yes, girl! and the feel good vibes of Black Girl In Om.
Research shows that 57 million Americans are listening to podcasts monthly. However, podcasting is a medium that has largely been dominated by white males. In celebration of Women’s History Month, we aim to introduce audiences to new and familiar voices in podcasting.
The cornerstone of the Life According To Her message is women supporting women, collaboration over competition, which is why we partnered with Nicole Clark Founder of I Find It Incredible to develop the cover imagery of the #popofcolorpodcast directory exemplifying strength and sisterhood. IFindItIncredible.com is a movement highlighting a lifestyle that celebrates the black woman’s narrative tapping into relatable, raw, authentic and realistic sisterhood.
Social Media use #popofcolorpodcast:
Instagram – @LifeAccordingToHer https://www.instagram.com/lifeaccordingtoher/
Facebook – Life According To Her Twitter – @LifeToHer https://twitter.com/LifeToHer
About Life According To Her
Life According To Her promotes a community of women supporting women and encouraging each other through the
exploration process of life. We are creators of content for women that have found themselves saying at some point, “this can’t be life,” they crave and want more so they are looking to make some personal life changes. We produce uplifting and informative content for the woman seeking light, empowerment and clarity in a life filled with crazy demands on who she should be. We feature inspiring women, provide useful resources for growth as well as encourage women daily. Recognizing a need to change the narrative with regard to women and competition, LATH subscribes to the idea that collaboration will advance us further than competition. http://www.lifeaccordingtoher.com
- The Black Eyed Peas Debut All-New Original Graphic Novel, MASTERS OF THE SUN – THE ZOMBIE CHRONICLES - March 27, 2017
- The Next Generation of the Marvel Universe Rises Together in SECRET EMPIRE: UPRISING - March 26, 2017
- COCO – New Teaser Trailer - March 25, 2017
- Like Father, Like Son. Your New Look Inside NICK FURY #1! - March 24, 2017
- Kerry Washington joins Lightning McQueen and the crew as one of the newest members of DISNEY·PIXAR’S “CARS 3” in theaters June 16th - March 20, 2017
- Warner Bros. Pictures Options Novel “The Mothers” Produced by Kerry Washington - March 14, 2017
- GEOSTORM TEASER TRAILER - March 14, 2017
- ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY Comes To Marvel This April – Your First Look! - March 13, 2017
- #POPOFCOLORPODCAST IS THE FIRST AND ONLY DIRECTORY TO EXPLORE 100+ BLACK FEMALE VOICES IN PODCASTING - March 13, 2017
- ‘MR. ROBOT’ SEASON 3 NEWS - March 12, 2017