TUNE IN TO THE EXCLUSIVE LIVE STREAM OF THE STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI WORLD PREMIERE STARTING AT 5:00 PM PT ON STARWARS.COM
WHAT: Exclusive Live Stream of the STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI World Premiere
WHEN: Starting Saturday, December 9 at 5:00pm PST
WHO: From the Film: Mark Hamill, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Lupita Nyong’o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, Kelly Marie Tran, Laura Dern, Benicio Del Toro, Joonas Suotamo, Billie Lourd, Warwick Davis; Rian Johnson (writer/director), Kathleen Kennedy, Ram Bergman (producers), J.J. Abrams, Tom Karnowski, Jason McGatlin (executive producers), John Williams (composer) and special guests.
ABOUT THE MOVIE: In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past. The film stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, Kelly Marie Tran, Laura Dern and Benicio Del Toro. Star Wars: The Last Jedi is written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman. J.J. Abrams, Tom Karnowski and Jason McGatlin are the executive producers.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017. For more information on the film, please visit: http://www.starwars.com
- Nissan is a sponsor of the world premiere of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Nissan will have displays on the red carpet, including two show vehicles inspired by Star Wars characters (Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma) and the 100% electric 2018 Nissan LEAF along with a cast-signed Nissan-exclusive Executioner Trooper collectible helmet, which will be used to benefit a Force for Change affiliated non-profit. Then, at the after-party Nissan will have two additional Star Wars-inspired show vehicles on display, one based on Poe Dameron’s X-wing and the other on the new AT-M6 walker.
- Premiere guests will enjoy a stunning presentation of the film in Dolby Vision laser projection and Dolby Atmos moving audio provided by Dolby at the venue.
- To celebrate the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi and the launch of a global collaboration, Philips Norelco introduced four new special edition Star Wars-inspired shavers this fall. The exclusive shaver line combines premium, cutting-edge technology with never-before-seen design features, emulating different Star Wars characters from the light side and dark side. Philips Norelco will also be hosting a 360 photo experience on The Last Jedi red carpet, where talent will capture images of themselves to share on social. Premiere attendees will have the same opportunity at the premiere party!
- Verizon is bringing the best of the digital world by sponsoring the live stream of theStar Wars: The Last Jedi world premiere. Featuring interviews with cast members and filmmakers, the live stream will provide fans with an insider’s view of the red carpet. It will be available on Yahoo Entertainment and go90 Facebook pages. VOD will also be available on these platforms including AOL.com, Yahoo.com, go90.com and go90 app. Verizon FiOS1 News will broadcast replays of the live entire red carpet event.
- VIZIO is proud to collaborate with Star Wars: The Last Jedi at its red carpet premiere by creating a call-to-action with Tumblr for fans to submit their best Star Wars-inspired art for a chance to be featured at the premiere. The selected art will appear on VIZIO’s award-winning screens at the top of the carpet coordinating with the talent standing in front of the video wall. For example, when the stars of the film stop in front of the video wall, art and videos created by fans will be art inspired by the characters they play will be featured behind them. An execution like this appeared at the Critics’ Choice Awards and Disney will be the first Studio to have an execution like this at a movie premiere. VIZIO will also be featuring their SmartCast™ M-Series™ 55″ Class Ultra HD HDR XLED Plus™ Displays at the after party.
- Christian Louboutin will unveil a one-of-a-kind, Star Wars: The Last Jedi -inspired art piece at the world premiere. The breathtaking art piece will showcase ILM technology and a hyper-realistic holographic installation to bring the designer’s vision to life. To complement the showpiece, Christian Louboutin has also created four exclusive custom shoe styles epitomizing the spirit of the film’s heroines; these incredible designs will all be auctioned off with proceeds benefitting Starlight Children’s Foundation on behalf of Star Wars: Force for Change.
SOCIAL MEDIA: Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/starwars
FOLLOW: Twitter: @blackgirlgeeks for photos of the premiere and after-party event!