Terhys Persad presents Where Art Thou, a six-part web series that uses art to learn about a country. Episode 1 is out now, and a new episode will be released monthly for free on Vimeo.
Show updates and new episodes are announced on the Facebook Fan Page.
Where Art Thou is a new kind of travel show. Each episode features a different contemporary artist and theme, all exploring the dope art and society of South Africa while veering away from tired narratives about wine, safaris, and Mandela.
The focus is on artists who don’t get much attention in traditional art spaces, so a lot of the artists are women or gender non-conforming people, people of color, and/or queer. Terhys also hires crew along the same lines; All of her crew in South Africa were POC, and most of them were Black women.
Terhys Persad is a 27-year-old arts lover and world traveler who creates and supports visual narratives that center people of color. She created and directs Where Art Thou. Terhys has lived in the U.S., Brazil, and New Zealand.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Black Girl Nerds
- #BGNPodcast Extra – The American Gods Episode - April 25, 2017
- Why Smartphones Became the Leading Gaming Device - April 25, 2017
- BGN #112 I It’s Oprah! And Karen Pittman - April 22, 2017
- BGN interviews Makeup Artist Maggie Fung – Wondercon 2017 – “In What Universe” panelist - April 21, 2017
- BGN interviews Chris Villain – Wondercon 2017 – “In What Universe” moderator - April 20, 2017
- Critically Acclaimed ‘The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – A New Frontier’ Continues in Episode 4 on April 25th - April 20, 2017
- Marvel Studios’ “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Takes Over Hollywood! - April 19, 2017
- #BGNPodcast LIVE at the Star Wars Celebration in Orlando - April 18, 2017
- Young Black Jetsetter Presents New Art & Travel Web Series ‘Where Art Thou’ - April 18, 2017
- “Page One” – Short Film About the Black Guy Who Dies First In Every Horror Movie - April 17, 2017