Often there is the claim that there are no official disciplines in eSports. This is one of the main reasons that many people are skeptical about the possibility of formation of eSports as a professional sport and making it to the list of Olympic disciplines.
There is no approved list of games, which can be attributed to eSports at the moment, so technically any competitive game can be in an eSports discipline. Anyway, there are a few of the most popular destinations with the most professional players and fans, bringing significant industry revenue.
It should also be noted that the bookmakers have collected millions of dollars on betting on cyber competitions. The exact total amount of bets for the period of 2015-2016 year is not known, but there are rumors that it is more than three times the total amount of earnings by all eSports teams for three years period!
So here is top three leaders
Defense of the Ancients 2 (Dota 2)
Dota 2 held 668 major tournaments, which had about USD 92.2 million as a total prize pool. Professional competition was attended by more than 1,720 competitive PRO players.
League of Legends (LoL)
The total number of large-scale competitions in League of Legends – about 1775. The total prize pool was more than USD 36.8 million, and the number of participants – about 4346 players.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO)
2062 significant events in which competed for approximately USD 26.8 million total prize pool. Tournaments were attended by 6573 professional competitive players.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Black Girl Nerds
- #28DaysOfBlackCosplay: Keiwi - February 23, 2017
- #28DaysOfBlackCosplay: Spectra - February 22, 2017
- Get Out Red Carpet Premiere! - February 20, 2017
- #28DaysOfBlackCosplay: Sailor Taurus aka Preying Mantis - February 20, 2017
- BGN #104 | Vice Principals and Feeding Hannibal - February 19, 2017
- BGN Book Giveaway: Parker Sisters - February 15, 2017
- Misty Knight’s Relaxed Bangs - February 15, 2017
- #28DaysOfBlackCosplay: Khaleesi Cosplay - February 14, 2017
- #BGNPodcast Extra – Blerd Valentine’s - February 14, 2017
- VeryHair - February 13, 2017