In November, Netflix wants to say thanks. Thanks for family, friends and best of all binge watching new titles coming exclusively to Netflix. This month’s lineup is about to get real with fan favorite Will Smith-led films Men in Black and Pursuit of Happyness and the much-anticipated Spike Lee reboot Netflix original series, “She’s Gotta Have It,” Dee Rees drama Mudbound as well as the full second season of Greenleaf. Mudbound was one of BGN’s most anticipated films to see at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Find your complete guide to some of Netflix’s top picks coming new this month below:
- Directed by Dee Rees and starring the incomparable Mary J. Blige and Jason Mitchell, Mudbound is about friendship, unacknowledged heritage and the unending struggle for and against the land. brings the story In racially divided post-World War II Mississippi, two men — one black and one white — forge a friendship based on their shared war experiences. (Nov. 17)
- This Thanksgiving is a “love-sgiving” with the debut of She’s Gotta Have It: Season 1 exclusively on Netflix. Cozy up with Nola Darling and her loves – Greer, Mars, and Jamie – as she struggles to define herself and divide her time among her friends, job and three lovers. A new take on Spike Lee’s iconic film in 10 episodes lands on Thanksgiving Day. (Nov. 23)
- Greenleaf: Season 2: The wait is over as season 2 of Greenleaf is officially available for binging starting 11/1. ICYMI, season 2, starring Merle Dandridge and Kim Hawthorne and executive produced by Oprah Winfrey continues where the emotions left off in first season with the Greenleaf family resolving family tensions and relationships. (Nov. 1)
- The World Series may soon be over, but relieve the greatest story in baseball – the legendary Jackie Robinson. 42 explores his first two years in baseball and how he became a legend in the game. (Nov. 1)
- Need a little comic relief before heading home for the holidays? Invite DeRay Davis into your home with DeRay Davis: How To Act Black.DeRay Davis hits the stage like a ball of fire, nailing the finer points of living, dating and handling show business as a black man. (Nov. 14)
- It’s a double dose of Will Smith this month. First Will saves the planet from aliens – known and unknown – in everyone’s favorite sci-fi comedy Men in Black. Want more Will in your life? The Pursuit of Happyness is the heartwarming story of entrepreneur Chris Gardner’s struggle with being homeless while raising his son (played by Jaden Smith). (Both available Nov. 1).
Check out the full list of November titles coming to Netflix.