The second annual Game Devs of Color Expo is a daylong event highlighting the rapidly expanding community of game developers of color. Over the course of the day’s events, attendees will be able to experience panel discussions about the game development process, representation in games, and the unique experiences and challenges faced by creators of diverse backgrounds. Attendees will also have the opportunity to play a selection of games created by indie game luminaries.
Speakers include Auriea Harvey of the critically-acclaimed Tale of Tales as well as indie sweethearts like Kevin Chen. The arcade will include games by the award winning Catt Small and rising star Shawn Alexander Allen.
The Expo takes place on Saturday, June 24th, 2017 at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture in Harlem, from 11am to 6pm. The Game Devs Of Color Expo is pleased to partner with this historic space, and to bring the indie game industry into the Schomburg Center mission as a repository of diverse cultural contributions from people of color.
There are several ticketing options, all available via gdocexpo2017.eventbrite.com. $10 early bird ticketing is available until March 15, general admission is $20 thereafter, and a special reduced price $5 ticket is available for low income attendees/students.
Brooklyn Gamery has always recognized and embraced the value of diversity in the games space. As a collective of three developers of color (Catt Small, Chris Algoo and Dennis Liaw) they are keenly aware of the specific issues faced by people of color in the games industry. Brooklyn Gamery is proud to present a showcase for an underrepresented cross section of the games industry, and provide a vibrant example of games being created, played and enjoyed by people of all races. In shining a spotlight on developers of color, they hope to make the games industry as a whole more expansive and inclusive.
About Brooklyn Gamery
Brooklyn Gamery was founded in 2013, and is committed to creating excellent games, events, and highlighting diversity. In 2015, they launched their first game Prism Shell, which was covered in several publications. Their second game, Breakup Squad, was released on early access in 2016. They also run weekend-long game development events on such topics as motherhood, sex, and mental health. To learn more, visit www.brooklyngamery.com, or call us at 718.501.7558.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Black Girl Nerds
- The Black Eyed Peas Debut All-New Original Graphic Novel, MASTERS OF THE SUN – THE ZOMBIE CHRONICLES - March 27, 2017
- The Next Generation of the Marvel Universe Rises Together in SECRET EMPIRE: UPRISING - March 26, 2017
- COCO – New Teaser Trailer - March 25, 2017
- Like Father, Like Son. Your New Look Inside NICK FURY #1! - March 24, 2017
- Kerry Washington joins Lightning McQueen and the crew as one of the newest members of DISNEY·PIXAR’S “CARS 3” in theaters June 16th - March 20, 2017
- Warner Bros. Pictures Options Novel “The Mothers” Produced by Kerry Washington - March 14, 2017
- GEOSTORM TEASER TRAILER - March 14, 2017
- ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY Comes To Marvel This April – Your First Look! - March 13, 2017
- #POPOFCOLORPODCAST IS THE FIRST AND ONLY DIRECTORY TO EXPLORE 100+ BLACK FEMALE VOICES IN PODCASTING - March 13, 2017
- ‘MR. ROBOT’ SEASON 3 NEWS - March 12, 2017